Over the years, we have witnessed a wide range of developments in semiconductor design services. The Semiconductor Industry Association (SIA) announced that the global semiconductor industry achieved sales of $ 468.8 billion in 2018 – the industry's highest annual total and a 13.7 percent increase over 2017 sales.
As the demand for semiconductor services continues to increase and the industry is witnessing a wide range of new technological innovations, we can clearly see a trend towards less engineering (7 nm, 12 nm, 16 nm, etc.). The main drivers behind this trend are advantages in terms of strength, area, plus many other features that become possible as geometric shapes decrease.
The spread of low engineering shapes has fueled business in a number of areas, particularly in the sectors of mobility, telecommunications, Internet of Things, cloud, AI for hardware platforms (ASIC, FPGA, boards).
Introducing a less-on-time technology design project is important in today's dynamic and competitive market. However, there are many unknowns in low engineering that affect scheduled project / product delivery. By observing the items below, it is possible to guarantee on-time delivery in the low engineering contract.
1. Cost Cost Modeling of the Minimal Technology Knot
A leading chip design company provides the powerful technical leadership required and bears overall responsibility for integrated circuit design.
To design less engineering, engineers need to define activities from specifications to silicon, sequencing them in the correct order, estimating the necessary resources, and estimating the time needed to complete the tasks. At the same time, they need to focus on reducing total system cost while also meeting specific service requirements. Here are the actions engineers can take to improve costs:
Use multiple motifs
Use appropriate design techniques for testing (DFT)
Make influence mask, interfaces and process control
In different layout methods because loosening the node is no longer economic anymore. In order to continuously improve performance besides controlling costs, some companies are now seeking to obtain 3D certificates in 3D instead of traditional level implementation, as this can save 30% energy, 40% increase in performance, reduce The cost ranges from 5 to 10% unchanged to a new node.
2. Advanced data analytics for smart chip manufacturing
In the chip manufacturing process, a large amount of data is created on the fab ground. Over the years, the amount of this data has continued to grow steadily with every dimension the new technology node. Engineers have played useful roles in generating and analyzing data with the goal of improving predictive and productive maintenance, improving research and development, enhancing product efficiency and more.
The application of advanced analyzes in chip manufacturing can improve the quality or performance of individual components, reduce test time to ensure quality, increase productivity, increase equipment availability, and reduce operating costs.
3. Efficient supply chain management
Since new technology is often released faster than the research and development schedule, everyone in the chip manufacturing industry faces a problem with IC supply chain management. The big question is: How to improve efficiency and profitability in this scenario.
The answer is to make faster decisions and effective integration between different suppliers, customer requirements, distribution centers, warehouses and stores so that goods are produced by seeing the supply chain end to end and distributing them in appropriate quantities, at the right time for the right site to reduce the total cost of the system.
4. Timely delivery process
Optimizing delivery to the customer is an essential part of the semiconductor design services. This includes ordering a pick up to work with requests at run time, improving cloud computing, logistics, and moving the final product to a customer – while keeping it up to date with all the information required at each stage. Full flow planning ensures that no critical project deadlines are missed.
To overcome the delay, semiconductor design companies can:
- Minimize the use of custom flows and switch to place and path flows to get better capabilities for your actual data path.
- Set and comply with rapid response time to customer requirements and change orders.
- Get real-time information from specifications to silicon availability regarding semiconductor design flux, location, reservation, and quantity.
- Ensure cooperative communication between the teams working on the project.
- Focus on importance analysis – Reducing the risk of functional design failure to prevent business plugs.
- Gain experience in using multiple project management tools.
- Adopting better technologies (TSMC, GF, UMC, Samsung), better methodology (low power consumption and high speed performance), better tools (Innovus, Synopsys, ICC2, Primetime, ICV).
How are eInfochips placed to serve the market?
Whether you want to design innovative products faster, improve research and development costs, improve marketing time, improve operational efficiency or increase return on investment (ROI), eInfochips (Arrow) is the right design partner.
EInfochips has worked with many major international companies to contribute over 500 product designs, with over 40 million deployments worldwide. EInfochips includes a large group of engineers who specialize in PES services, focusing on in-depth research and development and new product development.
In order to bring the product in a short time to the market, eInfochips provide ASIC, FPGA and SoC design services based on standard interface protocols. It includes:
- Front end check-out services (RTL design, verification) and background (physical design and DFT)
- Turnkey design services covering RTL to GDSII and design design
- Use reusable IPs and a framework that helps the company in a short time to develop products and cost for a faster and easier time on the market
This blog was originally posted on eInfochips.com.